How the online Caregiver course works
2. Receive log in information in your email within few hours.
3. Take your class online. You have 14 days to finish your course or you can request for an extension. You can start the course and log out and log back in later or you can finish it at one time.
4. Receive your card in your email within few hours of your course completion. You can also click on 'View Certificate' in your course forum and print out
5. Receive also a hard copy in the mail within 2 weeks.
Caregiver Certification Training Course Online
The national caregiver certification association offers the national caregiver certification course. The course covers the following topics:
1. Introduction to the Home Health Agency Roles
2. Medical and Social needs of Home Care clients
3. Personal Care Services by the Home Health Aide
4. Nutrition in Home Care
5. Cleaning Tasks in the home
6. Infection Prevention in Home Care
7. The Ideal caregiver
8. Care of the elderly patient
9. An overview of Alzheimers’ disease
10. Care of a patient with Alzheimer’s disease
11. Maintaining your safety as a caregiver
12. The role of the companion home maker
13. Communication techniques
14. Ethics, integrity and professional behavior
15. Cultural sensitivity
16. Appearance and hygiene
17. Phone etiquette
18. Escorting and transporting your patient
19. Observation skills
20. Handling medical emergencies
21. Fire and safety preparedness.
22. Caring for the caregiver